As a songwriter or a musician, we understand that when you are starting out, often you have no clue on how to begin creating an arrangement for the songs that you’ve composed, or even how to begin using the music software.
Our Music Arrangement courses takes you through the concepts of music arrangement, demystifying the basics using Apple Garageband starting with built in loops and moving on to building your arrangements from scratch using Protools – the leading music industry software found in most recording studios.
The 10 months syllabus, formulated by Eric Ng黄韵仁 and Jim Lim 林倛玉, taught together with our highly qualified lecturers, caters to anyone interested in music arranging, no matter if you are guitar or keyboard based.
This music arrangement course will be beneficial to songwriters and musicians that would like to learn how to arrange songs using Garageband and Protools.
What you will learn in 10 months:
- Learn the concepts of music arrangement
- Gain awareness of the interaction between commonly used music instruments
- Understanding groove and harmony, the basic building blocks of music arrangement
- Building your own multi-instrument arrangements from scratch, track by track with guidance by our highly qualified and patient instructors
- Learn the basic concepts of polishing and mixing your tracks
- Basic knowledge of one of the following instruments, drums, bass, guitar or keyboard
Class Size: min. 5 max. 8 students
Duration: 1hr 30mins
Price: $280 per month (4 lessons, once a week)
Timing: Wednesdays 7:30pm (please note that the day of the lesson has changed to wednesdays)
Commencement Date: 16th September 2015 - 22nd June 2016 (TBC)
No. of lessons: 40 lessons (approx. 10months)
As you will be trained using Apple computers with Garageband and Protools software and a midi keyboard, it is advisable for you to have your own set up to hone your arrangements. However, we do provide Apple laptops during class usage at a first come first serve basis. We do allow students to book a timeslot (max. 2 hours) at our school to use the Apple laptops if they would like to practice and do their homework.
Do speak to our admin staff for attractive bundles!
Singaporeans or PRs who are music professionals are eligible to apply for the NAC Capability Development Grant, which can subsidise up to 70% of the course fees. More information about the grant can be found at here